Location: – 6900 Veterans Blvd Burr Ridge IL 60527
Job Description: –
- Design and develop android (.apk) and Linux (.rpm) based applications following clean architectural patterns and ensuring end product aligns with exact provided UI and UX requirements.
- Build android application using various build systems and Implement multiple 3rd party plugins required during application build process.
- Build Linux RPM’s and perform communications with Android residing Services through custom developed API’s.
- Convert an existing windows native libraries .dll into Android and Linux compatible Shared Libraries(.so).
- Perform RPC communication between android applications and Linux hardware over TCP/IP.
- Design and develop Application Program Interface (API) allowing easy communication between external applications and activations.
- Perform manual testing on the display and Linux hardware and resolution of any bugs during integration.
- Communicate with UI Specs team, Design Architects and Team leads for gathering requirements and suggestions on methodologies to be followed during development.
- Perform integration and UI testing on newly developed code and make sure desired code coverage is attained on new code.
- Design android applications based on latest proposed Android Architecture Components using Room DB, MVVM, LiveData, RxJava and Dagger.
- Communicate with various externally connected Precision Farming Hardware and retrieve information required from those devices.
- Develop Java Native Interfaces allowing communication of Java based Android services and Linux Daemons with native C++ libraries.
- Retrieve and Save information to connected USB devices and display storage information regarding these devices.
- Implement the communication between Android Device and CAN Devices.
Minimum Education Required: – This is a professional position, and as such, we require, at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, information technology, or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.