Location: – 6900 Veterans Blvd Burr Ridge IL 60527
Job Description: –
- Design and development of android (.apk) and Linux (.rpm) based applications following clean architectural patterns and ensuring end product aligns with exact provided UI and UX requirements.
- Building of android application using various build systems and Implementation of multiple 3rd party plugins required during application build process.
- Build Linux RPM’s and perform communications with Android residing Services through custom developed API’s.
- Conversion of existing windows native libraries .dll into Android and Linux compatible Shared Libraries(.so).
- Performing RPC communication between android applications and Linux hardware over TCP/IP.
- Design and development of Application Program Interface (API) allowing easy communication between external applications and activations.
- Performing manual testing on the display and Linux hardware and resolution of any bugs during integration.
- Using various CNH approved development tools during application development, code reviews and builds.
- Communications with UI Specs team, Design Architects and Team leads for gathering requirements and suggestions on methodologies to be followed during development.
- Performing integration and UI testing on newly developed code and making sure 75% code coverage is attained on new code.
- Designing android applications based on latest proposed Android Architecture Components using Room DB, MVVM, LiveData, RxJava and Dagger.
- Communication with various externally connected Precision Farming Hardware and retrieving information required from those devices.
- Developing Java Native Interfaces allowing communication of Java based Android services and Linux Daemons with native C++ libraries.
- Retrieving and Saving information to connected USB devices and displaying storage information regarding these devices.
- Implementation of communication between Android Device and CAN Devices.
Minimum Education Required: – This position requires a candidate with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, information technology, or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.