Job Location: – 950 Elm Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066
Job Description: –
- Creating technical solutions to business needs by translating their requirements and finding innovative resolutions to the brief and will go through strategizing and ideation stage with the team before beginning on creating the application or solution. Developing & analyzing business requirements for reports with required data visualization tools.
- Responsible to store data effectively within the organization, known as online analytical processing, as well as maintaining data analytics platforms so that data can effectively be mined for information at a later date. Responsible for conducting prototypes, developing functional specifications, data mapping, and function mapping.
- Perform development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code / reports, to testing and release / deployment. Conducting and participating in meetings with the Business owners, Product Owners and Product sponsors in order to understand what they are looking for, as a part of the dashboard requirement.
- Connect and map complex datasets to Enterprise needs, delivering data exploration and visualization experiences that showcase data in an actionable format .Participate in data modeling, business process analysis and development of reporting functional and technical specifications Evaluating and improving existing systems that are in place as well as collaborating with teams within the business to integrate these new systems to streamline workflow and company processes.
- Responsible for the timely completion of Tableau dashboards development and programming to satisfy business stakeholder reporting needs. Collaborate with end users, project stakeholders and support partners to identify needs, goals, and business models and Create complex formulas and calculations within Tableau to meet the needs of complex business logic.
- Working with database developers to determine the most suitable data to support business requirements and Define new Key performance Indicator and get approvals from the business team. Developing SQL code for managing large volume of data.
- Creating the reports based on completed projects. Develop and update technical documentation within the department to serve as a reference guide. Documenting the dashboard needs, the critical success factors of the business, related KPIs and measures in the dataset, and the designs Developing and white boarding wireframes, beta dashboards and presenting them to the business teams to see if they meet their requirements.
- Creating Interactive Dashboard, worksheets using Tableau with primary and secondary data sources using data blending where primary and secondary data sources linked by specified relationships. Data Blending from different information sources by utilizing connecting component as a part of Tableau Desktop using different data sources such as Teradata, Oracle, SAS datasets, MS Excel etc.
- Responsible to Develop Views and intelligent Dashboards using Parameters, Filters, Actions, Bar/Bullet/Dual Axis graphs, Area/Geo/Heat maps, scramble plots/Bubble Charts and so forth, in Tableau Desktop. Restricting data for particular users with the help of User filters.
- Using SQL Server Reporting services for creating, editing and scheduling various reports, writing database objects such as tables, indexes, views, procedures, functions, triggers, SQL code with proper grants to all the users and roles and Perform the required SQL tuning by modifying the SQL adding/changing indexes.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse teams around data and table structures to optimize for Tableau. Developing required data mapping, end-to-end process workflows. Act as a liaison to business teams to support development of advanced analytic solutions that leverage the data warehouse for information
- Transition and refresh existing reports from the reporting platforms to Tableau within the framework of the overarching reporting strategy. Manage a repository of re-usable data visualization templates and views.
- Testing the reports for formatting and data correctness. Publishing the customized interactive Tableau reports and dashboards along with data refresh scheduling using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server. Setting/Granting permission access to view the dashboard only to the required users. Getting reviews from end users and modifying the dashboards accordingly.
- Participates in design sessions, develop design documents, and participate in acceptance testing and knowledge transfer activities conduct required unit tests and develop database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues that arise. This is an ongoing part of the development process that occurs regularly throughout a project to pick up any part of the application that is not working correctly. Data quality testing by comparing output of dashboard with database. Functional testing includes checking filters & navigation.
- Provide effective documentation of user-solutions and technical decisions where appropriate and effective with productive support and Communicate effectively in all matters related to all the responsibilities.
Minimum Education Required: – This position requires a candidate with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, information technology or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.