Job Location: – 12301 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78759
Job Description: –
- Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain MySQL databases in production and non-production environments.
- Take full backs using MEB and schema backup using mysql dump on request.
- Replication set up and Rebuild slave.
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
- Work with developers on performance tuning, query optimization, and index tuning.
- Update all databases with new security and functionality upgrades as necessary.
- Install Mysql Router and work on innodb cluster.
- Hand common database procedures such as upgrades, recovery, back up, migration and restoration etc.
- Rebuild nodes and rejoin nodes if they are out of cluster.
- Monitor the alerts of files system issues.
- Apply Oracle critical patch upgrade on all the required servers.
- Create users and grant privileges to the users.
- Execute the DDL and DML scripts in the prod servers as well as CIT servers.
- Terminate the long running queries and maintain the servers for smooth running.
- Work on infra structure engineering, business operations and technical operation to deliver the database services within the SLA’s and targets.
- Implement the DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of Tasks such as performance tuning and recovery.
- Modify the database structure as necessary from information given by the application developers.
Minimum Education Required: – This position requires a candidate with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, information technology, relevant engineering (computer engineering, software engineering, electronic engineering, or related), or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.