Job Location: – 12301 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78759
Job Description: –
- Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain MySQL databases in production and non-production environments.
- Participate in on-call rotation that provides 24/7 support to systems
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
- Update all databases with new security and functionality upgrades as necessary.
- Handle common database procedures such as user creations,password resets,recovery,backup,migration and restoration etc.
- Work on infra structure engineering, business operations and technical operation to deliver the database services within the SLA’s and targets.
- Support local as well as across the DC fail over with the high availability disaster recovery environment with the MySQL native Replication.
- Implement the DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of Tasks such as performance tuning and recovery.
- Modify the database structure as necessary from information given by the application developers.
Minimum Education Required: – This is a professional position, and as such, we require, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree in computer science, management sciences and information systems, information technology, relevant engineering (computer engineering, software engineering, electronic engineering, or related), or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.